Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pot Pies

We're venturing out of the realm of soup. We're going after frozen foods. A quick mid-semester move with cats and being behind in work because of a mid-semester move with cats will bring on the holing-up behavior that emphasizes a greater commitment to and a more satisfying relationship with instant foods. So, here goes:



Amy's Non-Dairy Vegetable Pot Pie
I love pot pies. But, oops-- I bought something “No Dairy.” I am a cheese and cream addict, so color me suspicious, but curious.   In reading about this Vegetable Pot Pie, I discovered that it’s the crust that needed to be de-dairyed, so this  might be okay. When it’s finished its hour in the oven I prick the crust to find nicely flavored and textured potatoes, tasty carrots, pleasant tofu and the occasional pea. The crust is pretty good and so is the sauce-- salty but every pot pie has salty sauce and it appropriately seasons the potatoes; I don’t really miss the dairy. This was enjoyable.

No comments: