Friday, September 12, 2008

Debris Removal

So there was a big pile of debris, about half the size of our house, sitting at the front of our yard. It was made up of many branches that used to be in our trees.

When I came home on Wednesday not only were there 10 or 12 honorable city workers picking up the stuff, but also 10 or 12 National Guard people running around in the backyard with a chainsaw. They said they'd come again yesterday but I'm not sure they showed up, which is actually a good thing because now maybe my husband will have something to chop up with his new chainsaw.

Here are the pictures of the scene:




This is only about 1/4 of the pile that was there because the crew had already picked up most of it by the time I arrived.
















It's really funny to see so many people you don't know in your yard.













Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the National Guard, who were in uniform, but at least I got some of this neato orange debris removal machine.
































I think it took three of those big army trucks to get all of our debris.








I heard yesterday that 40% of people in Baton Rouge still don't have power and I can believe it; a good number of my friends are still without.

No comments: